LaPorte County Superior Court 3
Jeff Thorne, Judge
809 State Street
LaPorte, Indiana 46350
Phone (LP): 219-326-6808
Phone (MC): 219-874-5611
Office hours are from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Extended Office Hours on Wednesday until 5:00 PM
Court Administrator: 2261
Bailiff: 2450 or 2448
Traffic: 2243 or 2447
Small Claims: 2286 or 2247 or 2451 or 2452
About the Court
The LaPorte County Superior Court #3 handles civil claims and misdemeanor criminal cases.
The Honorable Jeff Thorne has presided over the LaPorte Superior Court No. 3 since January 1, 2015. Prior to Judge Thorne's election, the Honorable Jennifer L. Koethe presided over the court from its inception in 2010 to 2014.
- The Superior Court No. 3, Clerks Office may accept the following court filings Current prices effective July 1, 2012.
- Small Claims – under $6000.00 the cost is $81.00 plus $10.00 service fee per defendant plus $ 13.00 Sheriff service fee.
- Civil Plenary – $141.00 plus $10.00 service fee per defendant after the 1st plus $ 13.00 Sheriff service fee.
- Misdemeanor Criminals – $167.00 plus fine.
- OWI Criminal – $368.50 plus fine.
Superior Court 3 Traffic
It is the mission of the LaPorte Superior Court #3 Probation to ensure that opportunities are provided via meaningful programming made available through the court to enhance the well being of the probations by addressing their problems, and to assist them in bettering themselves so they will be law abiding and up standing citizens of this community. Click the link above to visit the Probation Office's page.
Small Claim Forms
You may print one of the needed Small Claim Forms below, fill it out and return it to Superior 3 Clerks.